Goodbye Files

So my hard disk where I’ve put everything scanlation related got broken, checked it by a friend and unfortunately the files cannot be saved. Because of this, I might or might not quit scanlation. I may just take a long break but I don’t know when I’ll get those translations and other files back :<

I’m sorry that this happened.

27 comments for “Goodbye Files

1. 05/11/2015 at 10:42 AM

Oh, no! That’s gotta be the crappiest thing! I’m sorry you have to go through that. It happened to me years ago and I have to say that the stress of it made me make some decisions I regretted–most especially since I had to spend more money than I ultimately needed to spend.

If there’s anything at all I can do to help, just holler! Take some time and “decompress”, and hopefully have a much needed rest. Maybe we can help you out with trying to recover lost files.

2. 05/11/2015 at 9:38 AM

Sorry to hear that.Broken HD happen to all of us. I just want know… by broken… you mean fried or just can’t access the files? If it’s files accessing, the usually the data can still be save like drive cloning or recovery HD program

• xryuchan27
      05/11/2015 at 10:33 AM

My HD was a special case. It had a security system in it. But I’ll have it checked by a professional today so hopefully the files is just hidden somewhere.

3. 05/11/2015 at 9:02 AM

OMG! Please don’t apologize! It is not your fault, really!

It sucks really big time when you lose stuff; all that hard work! Take a day off to just breathe. You’ll get through this. Maybe everyone can go through their files and find stuff you’ve done, to send back to you to rebuild your files. It’ll only work on the released work, but it’s a start.

• xryuchan27
      05/11/2015 at 9:07 AM

Yeah, I’ll be emailing my staff about this today. Hopefully they still have it.

4. 05/11/2015 at 8:56 AM

So very sorry to hear that. I have several external ones and I can’t imagine even just losing one since each one basically contains years of my life. Even though I understand your reasons, I hope you still decide to continue scanlating since the stories you do are so cute and the quality is top-notch.

5. 05/11/2015 at 7:55 AM

Sweetie, don’t apologize! It’s not your fault! Though, it is quite saddening to hear that all of your guys hard work has been lost =( I know you guys will pull through! <3

6. Gaby
    05/11/2015 at 7:22 AM

Oh that sucks and I can understand how you feel (my hd broke last year and I was crying over it for quite a while). Take your time and whatever your decision is, I’ll be always grateful for your work!

7. juju84
    05/11/2015 at 7:21 AM

Btw does this mean that Kocchi Muite Waratte will be dropped? Your were working on it together with Indigo Scans. Do they have a copy of the rest of the chapters and its translations? And the same about Promise of Children?

• xryuchan27
      05/11/2015 at 7:37 AM

Fortunately I still have the scans on my computer and I gave the translations to Indigo Scans. Yeah, so maybe I won’t quit after all :P

8. Lisa
    05/11/2015 at 7:21 AM

Oh wow that sucks! I had that happen to me a long time ago and lost a lot of files so I know how you feel.

9. juju84
    05/11/2015 at 7:17 AM

I’m sorry that this happened but I hope you won’t quit scanlating for good.Yours are one of the best yaoi scanlation groups out there.

10. 05/11/2015 at 7:15 AM

Oh no, I’m sorry about your hard drive :( It’s understandable that you feel frustrated and may want to quit, so even though I (and others) would be sad I hope no one would blame you if that’s what you decided.